[Kimchi-devel] [kimchi-devel RFC] REST API for Permission check and fixes

Hongliang Wang hlwang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 16 02:48:23 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 10:35 AM, Shu Ming wrote:
> I don't agree to change the permission in Kimchi even there is a
> permission confirmation warning.   It is the responsibility of the
> host system administrator to change the permission.
+1

There shouldn't be a confirmation to ask user whether to change. He is
not allowed to change the permissions at all. Consider this:

1. User A burned an ISO file which includes confidential or private
information in it and he placed it in his home directory as private files.

2. Template administrator wants to create templates so he list ISO files.

3. He found the private ISO file and changed the permission.

Then other users can sign in server OS to do whatever he wants about the
ISO file.