[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] ticket of VM

Sheldon shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 10:33:47 UTC 2014

Now I have send a patch V1, no more comments.

These days, I talk with ZhengSheng about the ticket of VM.

Now we are change our design as follow for we should care the VMs
created by other tools.

1. make the ticket as the sub-resource of a VM.
support GET(lookup) and PUT(update) method.

2. we will not set expire for ticket.

3. kimchi will set a initial random password for VM when create it.

4. PUT(update) method can set a password for a VM created by other tool.
but if expire is set for this VM, kimchi will not change the password.
or kimchi can change the password but not change the expire.

5. when GET method to retrieve the password, if the VM is create by
other-tools.
And expire is set, kimchi raise http 400 error when timeout.

6. pass the ticket to vnc/spice websocket in cookie, not in URL.
vnc/spice login page get the ticket from cookie.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Sheldon Feng(冯少合)<shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center