[Kimchi-devel] RFC: smt support

Paulo Ricardo Paz Vital pvital at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 30 14:54:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 17:27 -0500, Christy Perez wrote:
> Quick poll for adding support for
> <cpu>
>     <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
> </cpu>
>
> I know it would be nice to let users add it on a per-vm basis, but maybe
> it might be something that we'd rather just leave in the template only.
> Having it in the template only seems simpler when thinking about UI
> design, imo, but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Christy, I agree with you that adding this support only to templates is
simpler, but looking for the functionality itself (and for the user
point of view), it's necessary edit this information on the already
created guests, also.

So, for me, this work have two parts: 1) add the support on templates;
and 2) add the support on guest edit screen. You can send only one patch
set with the two parts or send each part in separated threads to make it
available quickly on templates, at least.

My 2 cents!

> Thanks,
>
> - Christy

Best regards, Paulo.