[Kimchi-devel] Question about KVM domain not available on trusty

Thierry Fauck@linux.vnet.ibm.com thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 6 16:54:55 UTC 2015

I forgot, on trusty, qemu-kvm doesn't exist as is,

and when I try to create a template I get errors like:

    libvirt: QEMU Driver error : unsupported configuration: Domain
    requires KVM, but it is not available. Check that virtualization is
    enabled in the host BIOS, and host configuration is setup to load
    the kvm modules.

So 2 issues there
- in trusty get a proper qemu version to avoid  messages

    error: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor:
    Warning: Disabling some instructions which are not emulated by TCG
    (0x0, 0x4)
    qemu: hardware error: qemu: could not load LPAR rtas '(null)'

- in kimchi, detect if kvm not a valid domain type then use qemu

Does that sound an issue ? - do you want me to code that ?
Thanks

--
Thierry Fauck @ linux.vnet.ibm