[lago-devel] Bridge Networking

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 16:53:21 UTC 2016

On 8 March 2016 at 18:25, Eric Helms <ehelms at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about how to make this more useful to the masses on the team.
> The question I am asking myself is "can it replace vagrant for some
> scenarios". For example, being able to spin up a Satellite + Capsule(s) with
> DHCP, DNS etc. but allow outside access to the server via a web browser.
> Since often the setup requires a beefy box that is running on a beaker
> machine or server under a desk and developers use their laptops to access.

Faced with the same dilemma when running oVirt on Lago on my MiniDell,
I've simply setup Apache on it to proxy HTTP traffic into the VM
network.
With a browser proxy plugin such as foxy proxy configured to make the
browser also resolve DNS for domains with certain suffixes over the
proxy, I've got a pretty seamless user experience without giving up on
the environment isolation.

If you want this to be self-contained in a script you give developers,
you can perhaps use the Ruby or Python built-in HTTP servers to do the
proxying.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com