[lago-devel] time keeping

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 11:04:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM, David Caro <dcaro at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/14 11:46, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> > I'm concerned with two (different) time keeping issues:
> > 1. Timezone - we need to ensure all VMs have the same timezone (At least
> by
> > default).
> > Best option would be to edit the deploy scripts and set the timezone to
> the
> > host timezone?
> > should be fairly easy to add @TIMEZONE@ variable to the deploy script
> in a
> > similar manner to what we do today in the domain XML.
> > It'll be in a command like 'ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/@TIMEZONE@
> > /etc/localtime
>
> For this there's already an issue:
>
>    https://github.com/lago-project/lago/issues/2
>

> > 2. Time drifting - I have a feeling there's a time drift when we do all
> the
> > freeze-thaw and snap/revert... Perhaps we should run 'ntpdate' after such
> > actions?
>

>   Yes, that might be happening, not sure though if we should get bound to
>   ntpdate in specific or we should try to do something more generic (have
>   investigate if there's anything generic :/)

Installed ntpdate and ran it on each host before running the oVirt tests.
The result was that at some point the engine decide the internal user
account has expired and locked it down after few attempts, resulting in
complete test failure :(

I guess we need to track time more closely, or I've messed something up
(leaning towards the latter).
Y.