[lago-devel] Lago + ovirt-system-tests run fail on collecting logs

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 10:05:26 UTC 2016

On 04/10 20:52, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > test_logs/
>

> This is an annoying change of behavior. In the past, I believe the logs
> were under the deployment dir. Now, they are here. It requires cleaning
> them manually every time.

Before it also required manual cleanup every time, it just turned out, that
while doing the manual cleanup of the prefix (with ./run_suite -c) the logs
were removed too (that was also an issue on jenkins, as you had to extract the
logs before the cleanup)

> It's part of issues we'll have to fix if we want (and I believe we do)
> support multiple execution.

It supports multiple execution as long as you are not running the same suite,
same as before, the issue here is that you are using a very specific flow that
is not used anywhere else, and thus, facing issues and user cases that noone
else has.
I really recommend:
  * Moving to the same flow jenkins uses
  * Moving jenkins to the same flow you use

> I consider it as a regression in a way, since it's a changed behavior - and
> I'm not sure for the better.

It changed behavior yes, and it improved the log collection and cleanup
procedures on jenkins.
To alleviate that issue, I sent a patch for that in the beginning of the lago
project that was never merged, feel free to open a task for that too, should be
relatively easy to implement some kind of log rotation if the destination
directory already exists.