[lago-devel] Lago + ovirt-system-tests run fail on collecting logs

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 11:02:26 UTC 2016

On 04/13 13:35, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:05 PM, David Caro <dcaro at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > This is an annoying change of behavior. In the past, I believe the logs
> > > were under the deployment dir. Now, they are here. It requires cleaning
> > > them manually every time.
> >
> > Before it also required manual cleanup every time, it just turned out, that
> > while doing the manual cleanup of the prefix (with ./run_suite -c) the logs
> > were removed too (that was also an issue on jenkins, as you had to extract
> > the
> > logs before the cleanup)
> >

> 1. Makes sense to me that you'll extract the logs before cleanup.

The collect command is the one extracting the logs, what we did before is
extract them, into the same prefix (that's what I think it's wrong, the prefix
is one thing, and the artifacts you collect are another)

> 2. It did not cause a re-run to fail, which now, unless you cleanup AND rm
> the files, it will.
>

> > > It's part of issues we'll have to fix if we want (and I believe we do)
> > > support multiple execution.
> >

> Yep.
>

> > It supports multiple execution as long as you are not running the same
> > suite,
> > same as before, the issue here is that you are using a very specific flow
> > that
> > is not used anywhere else, and thus, facing issues and user cases that
> > noone
> > else has.
> > I really recommend:
> >   * Moving to the same flow jenkins uses
> >   * Moving jenkins to the same flow you use
> >

> I'm running ./run_suite.sh -o /home/zram/3.6 basic_suite_3.6
> and cleanup:
> lagocli --prefix-path /home/zram/3.6/current cleanup
>
> over and over and over and over...
>
> What should I be running?

   rm -rf test_logs
   ./run_suite.sh basic_suite_3.6
   ./run_suite.sh --cleanup basic_suite_3.6

That's the jenkins flow more or less, you could even run something closer by
using:

    mock_runner.sh --execute-script automation/basic_suite_3.6.sh fc22

That is quite closer to what jenkins runs, that already takes care of the
test_logs directory, moving it to exported-artifacts (where jenkins archives
it) and removing it if it exists.

Though you will not have any caching and zram execution (just as the jenkins
slaves don't have it).

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.