[lago-devel] Port 8585 not responding

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Sat Oct 15 15:00:06 UTC 2016

Le 14/10/2016 à 23:01, Yaniv Kaul a écrit :

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net
> <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net>> wrote:
>
>     Le 14/10/2016 à 15:03, Yaniv Kaul a écrit :
>

>         On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot
>         <nicolas at ecarnot.net <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net>
>         <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net>>> wrote:
>
>             Le 30/09/2016 à 20:18, Yaniv Kaul a écrit :
>
>                 When lago is executing a suite, it is making sure the
>         web server is
>                 running and serving the repo. When it's not, if you wish
>         to run it
>                 outside the suite, execute 'lago ovirt serve'.
>                 Or you can enable the regular repos of the VMs and
>         exclude the
>                 internal
>                 ones when calling yum commands.
>                 Y.
>

>             Yaniv,
>
>             When first reading your answer, and reading that
>             engine:/etc/yum.repos.d/lago.conf is pointing to
>         192.168.200.1 (the
>             bare-metal host), I understood that the bare-metal host was
>         the one
>             that had to http-serve the packages.
>
>             But on this bare-metal host, I find no httpd package
>         installed, nor
>             /etc/httpd, neither /var/www/html.
>

>         Right, it's an internal, Python web-server, part of ovirtlago.
>

>     OK
>

>             But I find it on the engine VM.
>
>             I don't get it.
>

>             Moreover, when going under the deployment_blahblah_prefix
>         dir, and
>             running lago ovirt serve, nothing is happening, the command
>         gets stuck.
>

>         Under current?
>

> No, I meant under deployment_blah_blah_blah/current

Sorry.

Yes, it was under current.

Anyway, I upgraded to 0.26.0-1.
Made another wipe+run, and tried "ovirt serve".
Apart a package error I had to ignore, it looks like the engine was able
to get its package from the server, so I guess it is working.
Actually, I was expecting this command to run in the background and give
me my prompt back, but no, it is staying listening for request, I guess.
That's OK for me.

--
Nicolas ECARNOT