[lago-devel] New error in mock on lago check_patch

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 07:35:29 UTC 2016

On 12 December 2016 at 00:24, Nadav Goldin <ngoldin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Another one[1](different, but still looks like caching issue):
>
> Installing...
>     python-lago: installing
> Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
> Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates', disabling.
> Error: package python-lago-0.28.6-1.fc24.noarch requires libvirt >=
> 1.2.8, but none of the providers can be installed
> (try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages)
>     python-lago: FAILED
>
> Although in the init run it installed libvirt successfully, so not
> really sure what is going on,

Its hard to tell, the full yum log is missing, we're just seeing the
bottom line here.

> there weren't any recent changes to the
> spec file. I got a feeling that there is a a problem between the cache
> it uses when installing packages via mock and the cache being used
> when running 'yum/dnf' commands inside mock.

Your feeling is illogical, we haven't changed the way the cache works,
all we did is not erase it. By the time "mock init" finishes, you have
a full cache regardless of if it was there before or was just created.

Looking at the init logs for this run:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/lago_master_check-merged-fc24-x86_64/110/artifact/exported-artifacts/logs/mocker-fedora-24-x86_64.fc24.init/root.log

I see yum installing packages, so the caches was not used here at all.
One thing that may hint us in the right direction:

DEBUG util.py:421:  Installing:
DEBUG util.py:421:   libvirt-devel                  x86_64 1.3.3.2-1.fc24
DEBUG util.py:421:  Installing for dependencies:
DEBUG util.py:421:   libvirt-client                 x86_64 1.3.3.2-1.fc24
DEBUG util.py:421:   libvirt-daemon                 x86_64 1.3.3.2-1.fc24
DEBUG util.py:421:   libvirt-daemon-kvm             x86_64 1.3.3.2-1.fc24

I'm not seeing a plain 'libvirt' package being installed. I suspect
the naming changed in Fedora, and packages that provide 'libvirt' may
be obsolete and are blocked by 'libvirt-client'.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team