[lago-devel] Lago v0.39 is out!

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Sun Jun 4 11:24:51 UTC 2017

On behalf of the Lago team, I'm pleased to announce the new release of
Lago and Lago-ost-plugin:
Lago - v0.39
Lago-ost-plugin v0.41

This is the first release where we've separated Lago and
lago-ost-plugin(aka ovirtlago) to different repositories, installation
procedures should be the same. However, from now on the
lago-ost-plugin will follow a different release cycle. It's repository
can be found at [1], and docs at [2]. Note that 'lago-ost-plugin'
requires Lago >= 0.39.

What's new
=========

Lago
-------
1. Improved Ansible inventory support. For more details see [3].
2. Lago SDK - Allows to run most CLI operations directly from Python.
See [4] for the docs, and [5] for an example. This is mostly
standardization of the already provided SDK.
3. Debian network support in bootstrap stage.

Lago Images
-----------------
3 New images were added, please help in verifying them:

1. fc25-base
2. debian8-base
3. ubuntu16.04-base

There is a known issue with host name resolution after boot in debian,
but it does not affect connectivity.

Tests/CI
------------
1. Moved to tox to setup the virtualenv during the tests:
   * `tox -e docs` - builds the docs.
   * `tox -e py27` - run unittests and linters.
   * `tox -c tox-sdk.ini -- --stage check_patch/check_merged` - to run
the functional SDK tests
      for each stage(after you have installed lago - either in a
nested virtualenv or from RPMs).
2. Added SDK functional tests:
    * Easy to run sanity check while developing, under tests/functional-sdk run:
          `pytest -s -vvv --setup-show --stage check_patch test_sdk_sanity.py`
3. Added multi-distro tests, which means prior to merging every Lago
patch, we'll ensure the core images in templates.ovirt.org are
functional with the new patch.
4. Added ansible functional tests on check-merged.

For the full changelog see [6].

Upgrading
========
To upgrade using yum or dnf, simply run:
```
yum/dnf update lago
```

Resources
========
Lago Docs: http://lago.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
GitHub: https://github.com/lago-project/lago/
YUM Repository: http://resources.ovirt.org/repos/lago/stable/0.0/rpm/
OST Docs: http://ovirt-system-tests.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

As always, if you find any problems, please open an issue in the GitHub page.

Enjoy!

Nadav.

[1] https://github.com/lago-project/lago-ost-plugin
[2] http://lago-ost-plugin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/