[lago-devel] [ovirt-devel] ovirt-system-tests run specific scenario/debugging

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 10:15:58 UTC 2017

AFAIK It is not possible ATM, but we were considering adding that feature
when we move from python-nose to PyTest [1].
Hmm, maybe it will be possible using the export / import feature, but will
probably need some custom code for it.
So you'll run basic suite, get your env up and running and then export it
to a tar.gz file. next time you want to test something, you import it back
and run only the test you want.

We've been working on a project called 'ovirt demo tool' [2] which will
officially replace ovirt-live using Lago images, it is still under
development, but should work for basic suite if you want to try it.
The manual job [3] should also allow saving the run as an image as an
option [3], by setting the 'create images' option to 'yes'.

[1] https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/browse/OST-8
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MZdpHAjNWlpPFhOXFfMavZbg6Kh386PRBg6jG6xslao/edit?usp=sharing
[3]
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/oVirt%20system%20tests/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/build?delay=0sec

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Marc Young <3vilpenguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to run a specific scenario without having to run back
> through spin up/tear down?
>
> I want to rapidly debug a `test-scenarios/00#_something.py` and the
> bootstrap scripts (001,002) take a really long time.
>
> Also is it possible to attach to a debugger within the test-scenario with
> pdb? I didnt have luck and it looks like its abstracted away and not
> executed as a regular python file in a way that i can get to an interactive
> debugger

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)