[node-devel] Building ovirt-node on other Linux distros

shu ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 18 04:59:46 UTC 2011

Hi,
   In the building guide of ovirt-node, Fedroa 15+ is required to setup
the building environment .  I believe some other guys may still have the
interest to setup the environment on other linux distros like RHEL 6.x,
ubuntu 11.x&etc.  I know the work is non-trivial.  Build tool scripts
should be modified, package dependency should be cleared, &etc.    In my
initial thought, we may give two options to the developers.  Options I)
packaging all the tools and dependency in one installation scripts and
developers can install the package with one command.  Options II)
providing several customized ISO image for RHEL 6.x, ubuntu 11.x and
developers can install the ISO image on their machines(virtual or
non-virtual).   How do you feel about these?

Thanks.