[node-devel] [vdsm] Solution Re: Still not abel to migrate to node

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun May 27 20:03:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:44:19PM +0200, Michel van Horssen wrote:
> Okay,
>
> Jacob Wyatt gave the solution. Make sure that in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf the line with "listen_tls = 0"
>
> So
>
> listen_tls = 0
>
> becomes
>
> # listen_tls = 0
>
> Do this also in /config/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf this way you can safely reboot.
>
> Tested this and my 2 nodes happily migrated a VM between them.
>
> Michel

Michel, Thanks for your report and for following it to completion.
The art of configuring another daemon is a fine one. Vdsm tries to touch
libvirtd.conf as little as possible, so it does not set listen_tls=1, as
this is the libvirt default. It assumes that if someone/something else
changes the default, it knows what it is doing. Apparently this was not
the case this time.

I believe that Vdsm's minimalistic approach is the Right Thing to do,
and about to close the Vdsm part of this bug.

Regards,

Dan.