[node-devel] Basic OpenStack plugin for oVirt Node

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 15:34:41 UTC 2012

Hey,

Alan Pevec and I've been working a bit on an basic plugin [1] for oVirt
Node which adds OpenStack (OST) components to it.
The goal is to make Node OST ready, that means, a range of kargs to
configure the components and a simple UI to display some runtime
informations.

So what's working? Following the Node principle you can already
configure the basic functionality of the OST components using kernel
cmdline arguments. Currently the documentation is a bit sparse about
this, but looking at [2] should reveal how the kargs are mapped to the
OST config files.
But there are still some errors with this plugin, which we need to rule
out before it is working nicely.

Additionally we are planning to setup an jenkins [3] job which adds this
plugin to the latest stable oVirt Node ISO to provide an ISO which
contains the plugin.

That's it for now, as always, feel free join in
fabian

--
[1] https://gitorious.org/ovirt/ovirt-node-openstack-plugin
[2]