[node-devel] How to access Ovirt Node Hypervisor shell using root

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 09:19:02 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 25.10.2012, 17:11 +0800 schrieb Wenyi Gao:
> I installed Ovirt Node  Hypervisor. It seems that I only can log in
> using "admin" and do some configuration, but I can't access shell. So
> how can I can access the shell using root? Thanks.

Hey Wenyi,
basically it's no intended to login as root. For debugging or
development purposes you can set a root password by
running /usr/libexec/ovirt-config-password - but as said - this is not
recommended.

May I ask what are you trying to do? Maybe this can be achieved
differently.

Greetings
fabian