[node-devel] about the virtual machine define XML file's persistence

Bohai (ricky) bohai at huawei.com
Wed Jul 31 04:10:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a question about the virtual machine's define XML's persistence.

As we know, if we use "virsh define" to define a virtual machine, libvirt will put the XML to
the path "/etc/libvirt/qemu".

Normal case, even the system is rebooted, the XML file still exist.
But in the ovirt-node case , because of the system is stateless, if we reboot the system,
the defined virtual machine XML file will disappear.

How to solve the problem, any hint?
Or this issue should be considered and solved in the upper level(Like vdsm? Or ovirt-engine?).
Or customize the libvirt to make it to put the XML to a persist path(like /config or /data?)

I apologize if I am missing something very obvious.

Best regards to you.
Ricky