[node-devel] About check_existing_hostvg check to auto installation

Wenyi Gao wenyi at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 7 09:03:57 UTC 2013

Hey Jbos,

When I install automatically the ovirt-node-2.6.1 iso to our machine via
pxe, I ran into the following error:

Starting ovirt-firstboot: Performing automatic disk partitioning
ERROR:ovirtnode.storage:HostVG/AppVG exists on a separate disk
ERROR:ovirtnode.storage:Manual Intervention required

It seems the auto install will stop if the "HostVG"  exists on the disk
on the machine.
I checked the code and find the following patch:

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/node-patches/2012-December/003471.html

The patch add hostvg check to auto installation to fix rhbz#889198 that
I have no access to it.

It seems it can't auto install ovirt-node via pxe with the patch and
need to delete the existing hostvg manually.

So what do you think about the issue and could you give me some
suggestions to fix it? Thanks.

Best regards
Wenyi Gao