[node-devel] ovirt-node iso based on Fedora18 install issue via CD-ROM

Wenyi Gao wenyi at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 7 07:19:07 UTC 2013

Hey,

I built a ovirt-node iso based on Fedora18 repository, but I ran into
some problems on installing it to host via CD-ROM

dracut-initqueue[698]: Warning: Could not boot.
dracut-initqueue[698]: Warning: /dev/disk/by-label/ovirt-node-image does
not exist
dracut-initqueue[698]: Warning: /dev/mapper/live-rw does not exist

dracut:/#

I google the issue, it seems that Fedora don't support installation via
CD-ROM. I change the boot parameter: root=live:LABEL=ovirt-node-image to
root=live:/dev/sr0,  the issue disappears, but got another issue:

INFO Starging '<module 'ovirt.node.installer' from
'/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirt/node/installer/__init__.pyc'>'
application with '<class 'ovirt.node.ui.urwid_builder.UrwidUIBuild'>' UI
INFO Creating UI for application '<ovirt.node.app.Application object at
0x7f55ea7bd1d0>'
INFO Creating UI for application '<ovirt.node.app.Application object at
0x7f55ea7bd1d0>'
WARNING Device in names but not in dict: /dev/sr0
ERROR An error appeared in the UI: IOError(2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING Device in names but not in dect: /dev/sr0

Does anyone experience this issues? Thanks.
By the way, I can install the iso on a VM using qemu successfully.

Best regards
Wenyi Gao