[node-devel] Beta for oVirt Node 3.0.0

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Tue May 7 12:06:42 UTC 2013

Hey,

with a delay of five days according to our release plan for 3.0.0
[0] we are releasing the first beta of oVirt Node 3.0.0 - the ISO
[1] and packages [2].

Please go ahead and give this ISO a try.

What changed?
The features of this release can be found here [0].
Note that vdsm was dropped from Node to make the image more generic.
That means this image is not able to register with oVirt Engine.
Plugins like the vdsm, cim or snmp plugin can be addded to the beta
ISO using the edit-node tool (part of the ovirt-node-tools package).

What can I test?
You can focus on hardware support, package integration, the
installation (all paths) and the TUI.

What can I do if I find/miss something?
Just reaches us on this mailinglist, on irc [3] or open a bug [4].

Sincerely yours
The oVirt Node Team

--
[0] http://www.ovirt.org/Node_3.0_release-management