[node-devel] Problem with biosdevname

Luc Simard Luc.Simard at tatacommunications.com
Wed May 15 18:43:58 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the renaming of the network interfaces (dell poweredge r710).  At every boot, one of the interface will be renamed to renameX and it's never the same one.  In the output I pasted below bios device p2p2 has been renamed to rename7.  Also as you can see the p2p3 is renamed p2p2 instead of p2p3. Anybody knows why this occurs?

Here's the version the server currently use:
[root at virtual02 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
oVirt Node Hypervisor release 2.6.1 (20120228.fc18)

The output using biosdevname -d:
[...]
BIOS device: p2p2
Kernel name: rename7