[node-devel] oVirt Node 3.0.1 Release

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 14:31:18 UTC 2013

Hey,

oVirt Node 3.0.1 has been released [0] and can be downloaded [1].

3.0.1 is the first bug fix release after the major 3.0.0 release.
You might notice that there was no release email for the 3.0.0 release,
so let us shed some light on that release.

What changed?
ovirt-node-3.0.0 was a major release which brought some major changes.
One important change is, that Node is now an "universal image" [2]. The
base Node images (for Fedora 19 and EL6) do _not_ contain any specific
VDSM bits anymore and can _not_ be used directly with oVirt Engine.
The VDSM specific parts got extracted and can be found in the
ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm [3][4].

For convenience we plan to provide additional images containing the VDSM
plugin which will make the images ready to use with oVirt Engine.
For this release we need to delay the release of the VDSM images due to
some last-minute bugs.

There are also many more new features in 3.0 [0][5]:
* Universal Image - Remove VDSM specific bits to make the image more
  general (an VDSM image is still provided)
  * Improved upgrade tool
  * Software iSCSI root
  * Puppet configuration management (plugin)
  * Bridegeless Networking
  * NIC Bonds
  * New installer TUI
  * IPv6 support in the setup TUI
  * Diagnostics page in the setup TUI
  * Images for Fedora 19 and EL6

Let us know [6][7] if you found an issue, miss something which should be
part of Node or would like to use Node in your project.

Thanks
The oVirt Node Team

---
[0] http://www.ovirt.org/Node_Release_Notes#3.0.1_Release_Notes