[node-devel] Storage Stuff, Installation Module and Anaconda

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 16:09:48 UTC 2014

Hey,

this has been discussed a couple of times over the last months (already!
): To use some parts of anaconda (python-blivet) in our storage and
installer code-base.

While investigating this a bit further on last Friday I started to
wonder if we can't even use more parts of anaconda, basically ending in
a thought where I wondered how much it would take to make anaconda
capable of doing the Node installation.

The biggest issue with anaconda right now is that the "modus operandi"
is around files. Our method on the other hand is around installing
images.

If we can teach anaconda to install images then I could imagine the
following workflow:

1. Our installer create a ks
2. anaconda does the installation based on ks

So I would not actually expose anacondas UI.
But - We could possibly also leverage other parts of anaconda, e.g.
basic network configuration stuff, and maybe even more.

I have not yet investigate how much more dependencies we'd be pulling
in.

It's not that I want to go down this way right now. It just came to my
selection of possibilities.

Greetings so far
- fabian