[node-devel] how to debug ovrit frontent and backent

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 07:48:26 UTC 2014

Am Mittwoch, den 26.03.2014, 14:51 +0800 schrieb 彭春洪:
> hello,everybody.when I development with ovirt,I have meet some
> obstacles because of without the debug environment. So I really want
> to know how to config it. Thank you for help!

Hi,

could you explain a bit more in what areas of oVirt Node you want to
develop, this will help to see how you can better debug your stuff.

If you are developing something in the TUI you can use the "dry mode".

In the ovirt-node directory, just run:

PYTHONPATH=src/ scripts/ovirt-node-setup --dry --defaults /tmp/cfg_dummy
--debug

That way you can experiment with the TUI, without actually installing
it.

Additionally you can find log files in
/var/log/ovirt.log
/var/log/ovirt-node.log
/var/log/ovirt-node.debug.log (when the setup was started with --debug)

Greetings
fabian