[node-devel] Versioning of oVirt Node

Barak Azulay bazulay at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 09:08:48 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

There are 2 scenarios that needs to be considered:
1 older engine with new rhevh (with new name schema)
  * customer with rhev 3.4 tries to upgrade a 3.4 cluster level rhevh to the latest rhevh (with new name schema ... 3.4 cluster level)

2 newer engine supporting older clustrers:
  * assume you have 3.4 engine out with several ISOs located in the same dir,
    Than there is an upgrade to 3.5 where the name schema changes (and in the same dir you have old name schema and new name schema),
    Than you want to upgrade a 3.4 cluster level rhevh to the latest rhevh (with new name schema ... 3.4 cluster level)

In both cases the UI should suggest the best fit for upgrade,
While for #2 we can add some logic to the engine to handle both cases (ugly and problematic),
For #1 above there is very little we can do.