[Users] How to connect VNC console ?

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 2 18:56:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 01:10:55AM +0700, Phattanon Duangdara wrote:
> I just finished setup oVirt on FC16 (same host run vdsmd)
>
> I can start VM but cannot connect console using VNC. No information
> for connecting VNC available.
> Although I can figure out which port VNC running, I don't know
> password and it cannot be set or view from webadmin or userportal
> console.

VDSM has a SetVmTicket API that you can use to set a VNC password.  If your host
has the vdsClient program installed, try:

vdsClient 0.0.0.0 setVmTicket <vm UUID> abc123 60

This will set the password to 'abc123' for 60 seconds.  That being said, I think
the oVirt supported display mode is spice.  You may have an easier time
connecting via spice.

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center