[Users] ovirt-node test

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:15:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was thinking that maybe it may be helpfull to add at the end of
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Building a way to test the newly
created iso. For me, it worked with this (presumably you have an
interface with ip 10.10.10.10 on the host):
   qemu-kvm -m 512 -cdrom ovirt-node-image.iso -net nic,model=virtio
-net user,net=10.10.10.20/24,host=10.10.10.10,dhcpstart=10.10.10.20

In this setup it looks like the connection is only from the guest to the host.

Of course, you need to set a root password (as explained from my
knowledge only on this list) and after logging in to do dhclient eth0.
There is any way to specify a way to get the ip from dhcp at boot
time?

Best regards,
   Cristi