[Users] ovirt-node-iso-2.3.0-1.0.fc16.iso not worked for me.

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:57:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 23:23 +0700, Quyet Nguyen Duc wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I downloaded ovirt-node-iso-2.3.0-1.0.fc16.iso from ovirt site, use
> livecd-iso-to-disk to create an usb installer, then boot from it.
> The boot options are the same as a fedora live image.
>
> No matter which option i chose: Start ovirt node, install in console,
> reinstall, reinstall in console,
> instead of an install wizard, I got a login screen with no clue to go
> on.
>
> The hardware is a typical supermicro server with 2x5620 xeon, 48GB
> RAM.
>
> Any idea what's going on ?

It sounds like a problem with the TUI failing to load correctly.

Can you boot it and edit the kernel commandline to add:

rootpw=<hashed_password>

To create a hashed password, you can run openssl passwd.

i.e.:
$ openssl passwd
Password:
Verifying - Password:
ElxQsbGPoSSNw

Then add:

rootpw=ElxQsbGPoSSNw

to the command line.  When it boot,s you can then login as root.  Once
in as root, can you check the /tmp/ovirt.log and /var/log/ovirt.log file
for any errors?

Thanks

Mike