[Users] Mix Opteron and Xeon CPUs

Ian Levesque ian at crystal.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 6 19:35:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

Is it possible / planned to support different CPU types for VM hosts in oVirt? I'd like to add a host with Opteron 6128 CPUs to my cluster with an existing host that has Xeon E5506 CPUs. Unfortunately, the GUI informs me that "host does not meet the cluster's minimum CPU level. Missing CPU features : vmx, model_Conroe"; is there any way to use a more general "compatibility" mode? I know that native KVM/libvirt supported this, as I was able to live migrate VMs between these hosts before moving our infrastructure to oVirt.

Thanks,
Ian