[Users] Problems after upgrading to latest rpms from the dre repository

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 22:48:43 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

The RSA algorithm can only encrypt data that has a maximum byte length of the RSA key length in bits divided with eight minus eleven padding bytes, i.e. number of maximum bytes = key length in bits / 8 - 11.
Since we are not using padding and using a key length of 2048 , it limits us to encrypting 2048/8 = 256 characters data.

We can do either
1) Use a larger key
2) Encrypt the data with a symmetric key, and encrypt that key with rsa