[Users] ovirt 3.1 vnc passwordless setup

Alexandru Vladulescu avladulescu at bfproject.ro
Wed Dec 19 21:07:40 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I am running Ovirt 3.1 (fresh install -- no upgrade) on some Centos 6.3
servers; and I did a small setup regarding 2 hypervisors, 1 node
controller and 1 NAS server providing NFS export, storage & ISO domains
for the appliances.

All this solution has one server more that's acting as a firewall and
traffic policy shaping in front of the network setup.

The problem that I am facing right now, is that I am trying to setup
Ovirt on VNC remote connection in the manner that does not require
password login with 120 seconds expiration timeout. Somehow I would like
to map VNC ports on the 2 hypervisor nodes to bond with a vnc reflector
installed on the node controller, which also acts as a VPN server on the
setup for out-band connections.

Therefore, users connecting over VPN could get access to the VNC of the
VMs without entering the web portal and requiring an active VNC password
with 120 seconds expiration time.

I tried digging through the libvirtd.conf and qemu.conf configuration
files, found some VNC parameters but none seemed to do the job for my
purpose. I must mention that I have been looking for a similar setup on
the Ovirt documentation page as well as googlin' it.

You help will be much appreciated.

My regards,
Alex Vladulescu