[Users] how to upload iso images ?

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Sat Feb 4 06:53:25 EST 2012

On 02/04/2012 06:46 AM, Smaine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently testing ovirt on nested virtualized hosts and i was
> wondering how to updload iso images in order to create my firts VM.
>
> I added an ISO domain and it's attached to my Datacenter.
> Should i have buttons in the images tab as shown in attached files ?
>
> I've read the RHEV Admin Guide but it doesn't helped. It's mentionned
> "iso-uploader" but i don't know how to use it in Fedora.
Step 0: You must create an ISO domain in oVirt
Step 1: From the system upon with the oVirt manager/engine is installed
run the ovirt-iso-uploader
Step 2: You should first have the ovirt-iso-uploader *list* the
available ISO domains as this will confirm that it can actually connect
to the ovirt manager/engine via the REST API and will present you with a
handy picklist of available ISO domains.
[root at ovirt ~]# ovirt-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API password for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
ISO Storage Domain Name   | Datacenter                | ISO Domain Status
iso1                      | Default                   | active
iso1                      | iSCSI                     | inactive
iso1                      | NFS                       | active

Step 3: Now that you have confirmed that the ISO uploader can
communicate with the oVirt engine and you have a pick-list of ISO
domains, pick one and upload your image.
  rhevm-iso-uploader -i iso1 upload keith.iso

Cheers,
Keith