[Users] how to upload iso images ?

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Sat Feb 4 08:26:46 EST 2012

Glad it worked for you.
Cheers,
Keith

Sent from my Android phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Smaine [smainklh at gmail.com]
To: Keith Robertson [kroberts at redhat.com]
CC: users at ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Users] how to upload iso images ?

Le samedi 04 février 2012 à 06:53 -0500, Keith Robertson a écrit :
> On 02/04/2012 06:46 AM, Smaine wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently testing ovirt on nested virtualized hosts and i was
> > wondering how to updload iso images in order to create my firts VM.
> >
> > I added an ISO domain and it's attached to my Datacenter.
> > Should i have buttons in the images tab as shown in attached files ?
> >
> > I've read the RHEV Admin Guide but it doesn't helped. It's mentionned
> > "iso-uploader" but i don't know how to use it in Fedora.
> Step 0: You must create an ISO domain in oVirt
> Step 1: From the system upon with the oVirt manager/engine is
> installed run the ovirt-iso-uploader
> Step 2: You should first have the ovirt-iso-uploader *list* the
> available ISO domains as this will confirm that it can actually
> connect to the ovirt manager/engine via the REST API and will present
> you with a handy picklist of available ISO domains.
> [root at ovirt ~]# ovirt-iso-uploader list
> Please provide the REST API password for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to
> abort):
> ISO Storage Domain Name   | Datacenter                | ISO Domain
> Status
> iso1                      | Default                   | active
> iso1                      | iSCSI                     | inactive
> iso1                      | NFS                       | active
>
> Step 3: Now that you have confirmed that the ISO uploader can
> communicate with the oVirt engine and you have a pick-list of ISO
> domains, pick one and upload your image.
>  rhevm-iso-uploader -i iso1 upload keith.iso
>

> Cheers,
> Keith
>
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Smaine,

Hi Keith,

Thank you, i managed to upload an iso :)

[ovirtvm]~ # yum list installed | grep iso-uploa
ovirt-engine-iso-uploader.x86_64         3.0.0_0001-1.4.fc16
@ovirt-engine
[ovirtvm]~ # yum list installed | grep iso-upload
ovirt-engine-iso-uploader.x86_64         3.0.0_0001-1.4.fc16
@ovirt-engine
[ovirtvm]~ # rpm -ql ovirt-engine-iso-uploader.x86_64
/etc/ovirt-engine/isouploader.conf
/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader
[ovirtvm]~ # engine-iso-uploader -i Iso_dir
upload /root/debian-6.0.4-amd64-netinst.iso
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
user (CTRL+D to abort):
[ovirtvm]~ # engine-iso-uploader list
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
user (CTRL+D to abort):
ISO Storage Domain Name   | Datacenter                | ISO Domain
Status
Iso_dir                   | Home                      | active