[Users] Spice plugin for firefox

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 16:12:39 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 05:45 PM, Spyro Polymiadis wrote:
> Coolio! Ran the following on the hypervisor...
>
> vdsClient localhost list (to get the VMid)
> then
> vdsClient localhost setVmTicket ad5a9f92-dda4-421d-bc6b-b22dd6598121 abcd1234 300
> to set the password for 300 seconds
> then spicec --host ovirt-testvm --port 5900 --password abcd1234

using vdsClient is a hack.
the documented approached is using the engine REST API to do this, not
access the host.
from rhev-m documentation:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.0/html/REST_API_Guide/sect-REST_API_Guide-VMs-Ticket.html

and you should be able to use the ovirt-cli to do this from command line
to do this.