[Users] ovirt VM custom properties

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Wed Feb 15 20:29:45 UTC 2012

I was thinking about the vdsm hook scenario myself but I was stuck in
the thinking that hooks could only be invoked via custom properties or
before/after vdsm invocation.
Thank you for the heads up on that as that could definitely work. That
gives me an option down that route for now as well.

The other thought I had was to modify the existing GWT code for the user
portal.
I would just want to recompile/build an rpm for just the user portal
which seems to come from ovirt-engine-userportal-<version>.fc16.x86_64
I think I found where the code would need to be altered.

*Note in advance Hardware/OS guy attempting to code* Please excuse poor
form ;)

-->
ovirt-engine/frontend/webadmin/modules/userportal/src/main/java/org/ovir
t/engine/ui/userportal/client/modalpanels
--> file: NewVmModalPanel.java
--> lines 76 - 84
--> add: TabButton customPropertiesTabButton;
--> lines 100 - 108
--> add: customPropertiesTabButton = new TabButton("Custom Properties",
new CustomPropertiesTabPane());
--> lines 622 - 632
--> GWT code to constuct CustomPropertiesTabPane is already there.

This should be it unless there is something else I missed.
>From there I think I would just need to rebuild the
ovirt-engine-userportal RPM with just those changes.

I have a FC16 build env set up per:
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_Ovirt_Engine
Any helpful hints to just rebuild only the userportal with just those
changes?
Build output should ultimately be:
ovirt-engine-userportal-<version>.fc16.x86_64.rpm
In that manner I can rpm -U ovirt-engine-userportal on the target
system.

- Chris