[Users] Statistics of virtual machines

Gal Hammer ghammer at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:07:31 UTC 2012

On 21/02/2012 17:56, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 02/21/2012 05:44 PM, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Itamar Heim wrote:
>>
>>> you need to install the ovirt-guest-agent on the guest for these.
>>
>> Any way to configure ovirt-guest-agent to show free memory NOT including
>> buffers? This would give you a little better idea of how much ram the
>> host needs since linux will try to use all the RAM it has with buffers.
>
> cc-ing gal

There is not way to configure the how the free memory is reported.

The ovirt-guest-agent returns "free" memory as the sum of three fields
(free memory, buffers and cache). The logic behind this is because linux
will reduce the memory used for buffers and cache as needed. So we can
assume this is a "free" memory.

     Gal.