[Users] Node ISO problem

Michel van Horssen mvanhorssen at vluchtelingenwerk.nl
Wed Feb 22 16:30:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Took me some time before I had time to install the new Ovirt. Now that I did have time, the install was a breeze. Having the RPM repo available helpt a lot off course. :)

I have the engine running and storage is connected as is the ISO nfs.

Now I wanted to get a VM host running by booting the node ISO but am running in to a problem.

I put the iso via a NAS as a virtual CD on a SuperMicro systems IPMI. Once I boot the machine for the first time, so to install the node, it ends with:

---
dracut Warning: No root device "live:/dev/disk/by-label/ovirt-node-image" found

Dropping to debug shell.

sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

dracut:
---

Looking in /dev/disk there is no by-label directory.

I get this error with 'ovirt-node-image-2.2.2-2.2.fc16.iso' and the latest 'ovirt-node-image-2.2.3-1.1.fc16.iso'

This is on first install.

Hope to have a host up and running this week.

Any help is appriciated.

Thnx,

Michel

aka mivaho on irc