[Users] Change virtual disk interface

Winfried de Heiden wdh at dds.nl
Tue Feb 28 14:30:03 UTC 2012

Hi Richard,

    Centos 5.7 that is:

    virt-inspector -a /var/lib/libvirt/images/PXE5.img
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <operatingsystems>
      <operatingsystem>
        <root>/dev/VG_OS/LV_ROOT</root>
        <name>linux</name>
        <arch>x86_64</arch>
        <distro>centos</distro>
        <product_name>CentOS release 5.7 (Final)</product_name>
        <major_version>5</major_version>
        <minor_version>7</minor_version>
        <package_format>rpm</package_format>
    ~

    Winfried

    "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> schreef:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 03:56:19PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:  > On
> 02/28/2012 10:26 AM, wdh at dds.nl wrote:
>>    I have serveral "old" KVM virtual images, all off them using virtio for
>>    networking and disks. Trying to import these into my EXPORT datastore
>>    ends up with an error:
>>
>>    virt-v2v -i libvirt -o rhev -os 10.0.0.3:/nfs/export  -n br0 PXE5-test
>>    PXE5.img: 100% [=====================================================]
>>
>>    virt-v2v: WARNING: Unable to convert this guest operating system. Its
>>    storage will be transfered and a domain created for it, but it may not
>>    operate correctly without manual reconfiguration. The domain will present
>>    all storage devices as ide, all network interfaces as rtl8139
>> and the host
>>    as x86_64.
>>    virt-v2v: PXE5-test configured without virtio drivers.
>>
>>    How can I avoid these errors?
>>    How can I fix this error.
>>
>>    matt/rich - thoughts?
>   Matt's actually off today, but I'm sure he'll answer in more
>   detail tomorrow.
>
>   However the reason for getting this error is that your guest isn't one
>   of those supported by virt-v2v (which is roughly: RHEL 3/4/5/6 and
>   clones, Windows XP and above, Fedora).  If virt-v2v doesn't understand
>   the guest, it tries only a very minimal and conservative form of
>   conversion.
>
>   It's not clear what this PXE5-test guest is.  You can find out by
>   using virt-inspector (on RHEL 6, replace 'virt-inspector' with
>   'virt-inspector2'):
>
>   virt-inspector -a /path/to/PXE5-test.img
>
>   For examples see:
>
> http://libguestfs.org/virt-inspector.1.html#xml_format
>
>   Rich.
>
>   --
>   Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
>   libguestfs lets you edit virtual machines.  Supports shell
> scripting,bindings from many languages.  http://libguestfs.org

Met vriendelijke groet,

    Winfried de Heiden