[Users] How to configure sharedFS ?

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 14:36:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 07:42:15PM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
> On 02/27/2012 04:55 AM, Ayal Baron wrote:
> >
> >Any help on documenting this so people would not have to dig into the code would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >>Great, let me start and get back if i land up into issues.
> >>thanks for the pointer.
> >Let us know if you need further assistance..
>
> This is how I plan to attack it... using vdscli, let me know if my
> steps are correct ?
>
> 1) Use createStorageDomain to create a SHAREDFS_DOMAIN of domTypes
> data & iso
> 2) Use  createStoragePool and associate the above sd's with this pool.
> 3) How to copy .iso into the newly create iso dom ?
> engine-iso-uploader won't know abt it, rite ?

I would've used `cp` (chown to make sure vdsm can read it when needed).

> 4) create a volume to represent my vm disk
> 5) Use create to create a VM and run it
>
> Is this the recommended way ( to use individual vdscli cmds) or the
> way its done in
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Standalone ?

For human-triggered setup, running vdsClient from bash may be easier.
But the suggested python script is expected to take you slightly further
on the road to reproducible testable application on top of Vdsm.

If you have that python script working for LOCALFS, I'd suggest you try
making it work for SHAREDFS too.