[Users] Trying to understand oVirt terminology.

Sharad Mishra snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 29 19:09:23 UTC 2012

While reading oVirt Wiki and other related docs, I came across multiple
terms that meant the same  thing (at least to me). Please take a look
and let me know where I am wrong.

1) Difference between RHEV and oVirt node - oVirt node has VDSM and
libvirt whereas RHEV only has libvirt.

2) 'RHEV-M server' is same as 'oVirt Engine Mgmt Server' is same as
'oVirt Engine'.

3)  'oVirt API' is same as 'REST API' is same as 'RHEV-M API'  which is
same as 'oVirt Engine API'.

4) 'Host Agent' is same as VDSM

5) 'oVirt Node API' is same as VDSM API.

Question ) Guest Agent is running on VM. How does it get installed
there?

Regards,
Sharad Mishra