[Users] ovirt-engine build failing on EL6

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Fri Jan 20 19:15:39 UTC 2012

I have been attempting to get the ovirt-engine to build on EL6, in my
case on Scientific Linux 6.1.

I have followed the ovirt-engine build recipe on the wiki except for the
following deviations for EL6 I had to do.

- For Maven2, I installed maven from jpackage free/devel

--> http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/6.0/generic/free/

--> http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/6.0/generic/devel/

yum install maven.noarch

which yields an installed maven of:

[root at sl6x ~]# mvn -version

/usr/lib/jvm/java

Maven version: 2.0.8

Java version: 1.6.0_20

OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64" arch: "amd64"
Family: "unix"

- For jboss I downloaded and unzipped jboss 5.1 from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/files/JBoss/JBoss-5.1.0.GA/

--> to /usr/local

I added both the -X and -e to BUILD_FLAGS in the makefile (I am
attempting to build RPMS)

Message body length is limited to 40k so I'll post the tail end of the
log separately since it is lengthy

regards,

Chris