[Users] oVirt console plans

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Mon Jan 30 20:09:47 UTC 2012

You can just rebuild the current RHEV spice-xpi source RPM and drop the resulting files into you ovirt install.
- Found here: http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/rhevm-spice-client-3.0-21.el6.src.rpm
- rpmbuild --rebuild rhevm-spice-client-3.0-21.el6.src.rpm (install dependent packages via yum if build fails due to deps, not that many needed)
- unpack the resulting spice-xpi client isntallers and cabs from the rpms using: rpm2cpio
- rpm2cpio <nameofrpm> | cpio -ivd
- place the files into their corresponding locations on your ovirt install.
- you can find the paths where things go via rpm -qlp <packagename> replace "rhevm" with "engine" pathing wise
- Pathing on ovirt should be something like:
--> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/engineanger.ear/
--> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/enginer.ear/userportal.ear/ovirt.org...
-restart jboss and you will be good to go

- Chris