[Users] Adding LDAP server directly with its FQDN.

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Jul 1 04:57:25 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 11:14 PM, snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Is there a way to directly add an LDAP server to ovirt? Currently I
> run engine-manage-domains with -domain=<domain-name>. This finds all the
> ldap servers in the domain. Can I skip this and just add the one I want?
> I have the fqdn of the ldap server.
>
> Regards
> Sharad Mishra
> IBM

Hi Sharad,
Currently - no such way.
Bare in mind you need to provide also the user ID.
In addition - it may be that not all DS providers hold information on
the users in the same way, and we perform some normalization in order to
store them at DB in the same format.
However, I guess we can run this "Guid encoding" code at
engine-manage-domains, and then, it will be possible to add the user (if
you provide the baseDN FQDN) to the system.
Feel free to suggest a patch ;)
In addition, an idea that popped to my head - let's say you want to add
100 users this way - will you provide for every one of them the baseDN?
Maybe we should be able to configure a fefault base DN per domain?