[Users] oVirt 3.1 and Glusterfs how-to

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 06:55:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 05:20:36PM -0400, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> I wrote a basic how to for using glusterfs under oVirt.  If you have
> any questions or you find mistakes please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Robert
>
> http://www.middleswarth.net/content/installing-ovirt-31-and-glusterfs-using-either-nfs-or-posix-native-file-system

Nice blog entry(ies)!

You mentions that "We need to open some ports. There are several ways to
do this..."
But actually I think it would be better if the iptables rules stored in
the Engine db are to be tweaked. Frankly, I hate storing files in
databases - that's what filesystems were designed for!
So it would be nicer if the rules are moved to vds_bootstrap, where you
could easily put two flavors thereof: one for gluster and one for
virt-only.