[Users] Please help! Orphaned pages

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 10:09:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just had a look at
http://www.ovirt.org/w/index.php?title=Special:LonelyPages&limit=250&offset=0
- the list of "orphaned" pages in the wiki (that is, pages which are not
linked to from any other page).

There are 136 pages in there!

Some of them quite clearly belong together and could be grouped quite
easily in one page - for example, all of the "Features/" pages can be
linked from the release management page related to the release the
feature is implemented in (or added to a "Future features" page). Others
it will be a little trickier to tidy, but tidy them we should.

This is a pretty straightforward task if you have access to the wiki -
we just need to add appropriate sections to appropriate pages (or create
new pages as needed) to collect and organise things that go together in
the same place, and once we have them organised, we can then add some
structure and hierarchy to the wiki pages.

I would really like to have some help! Does anyone have a few minutes to
help ensure all the orphan pages are linked to from a good place?

If so, I'd like to suggest a wiki sprint, which we can co-ordinate in
IRC. How does Thursday at 12:00 UTC sound? I bet in 2 or 3 hours we
could take a big chunk out of that page count! Of course, there's no
need to wait until then - please, if you don't have one yet, consider
getting a wiki account, and digging in right now.

Your help will be greatly appreciated - as they say in France, "les
petits ruisseaux font des grandes rivières" (little streams make great
rivers).

Thanks!
Dave.
--