[Users] Rest API for vmanager 3.0 (set VM ip address)

Messaoud Benantar mbenanta at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 13 16:13:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
               i am using the vmanager's 3.0 Rest API.
 have created a VM from an existing template (using http POST) and been
trying to find a way to set the VMs ip address
with no success. I tried supplying the ip address in the <guest_info>
element during VM creation as in:
          <guest_info>
            <ips>
                <ip address="x.x.x.x"/>
            </ips>
        </guest_info>

But the created VM ends up with the same ip address as that in the
template.

Anyone attempted to do something similar ? Is there another way of doing
it. I tried the nics API but there seem to be no interface
to modify a nic's ip address.

Thank you.

Regards,
Messaoud Benantar