[Users] testing ovirt-engine in Fedora 17: how to get webadmin?

Juan Hernandez juan.hernandez at redhat.com
Fri May 4 10:21:48 UTC 2012

On 05/04/2012 05:29 AM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> I'm testing out the ovirt-engine packages in Fedora 17. At the URL for
> the engine, there's a note, "Note: You are using a stripped down
> version, full version with GUI included can be downloaded in oVirt
> Project Site."
>
> The note links to the ovirt.org wordpress blog -- is there a suggested
> path to getting the full gui that works with the Fedora 17 packages?

Jason, the GUI packages are not yet available in Fedora 17 because there
are two additional components that we can't build in Fedora because we
don't have GWT there yet:

1. The GenericServiceAPI EJB.
2. The GUI itself.

I prepared a hacky RPM containing those two components:

http://jhernand.fedorapeople.org/rpms/ovirt-engine-webadmin/3.0.0.0001-1

In that URL you will find the ovirt-engine-webadmin RPM. Download and
install it, then restart the engine service (systemctl restart
ovirt-engine.service).

If you prefer you can also download from the same location the
webadmin.tar.gz file and expand it in the
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/deployments/engine.ear directory (that is more
or less what the hacky RPM does).

You are probably the first person to test this, so expect issues. I will
be more than happy to hear from you and fix those issues.

Thanks for testing!