[Users] image ownership

Jacob Wyatt jwyatt at ggc.edu
Wed May 9 18:08:54 UTC 2012

Greetings all,

I've set up a new oVirt installation and it's behaving strangely with regard to virtual machine image files on the NFS storage.  Whenever I shut down a machine it's changing the owner of the image to root:root (0:0) instead of vdsm:kvm (36:36).  After that it can't start or do anything with that image again until I manually change the ownership back.  Everything works fine again until I shut the machine down.  I assume this is some mistake I've made in installation.  I did not have this problem in the test environment, but I'm stumped as to what went wrong.

-Jacob