[Users] image ownership

Jacob Wyatt jwyatt at ggc.edu
Thu May 10 14:32:42 UTC 2012

Frederico,

Thank you for responding.  I checked the qemu.conf file on all of the nodes and it was correct.  What's even more strange is that last night I put all of the nodes into maintenance mode and restarted them.  No particular reason for this but I was trying anything I could think of.  Now the ownership remains correct.  I suppose I'll never know what I did wrong, but at least it is working.

I found only 2 other anomalies.  One, the live migration did not work because TLS was disabled on the nodes.  The "listen_tls = 0" flag was set in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf.  I commented that out and migration works.

The second thing I noticed is that the iptables service is not starting.  This doesn't hinder functionality, but it's a security issue.  I'm still checking into why.

I doubt either of these issues caused my ownership problem.  I'm sure it's some mistake I made.  Hopefully I won't make it again next time.

Thank you again,
-Jacob