[Users] [Spice-devel] USB support

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 16 17:42:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 10:30:05 +0200 Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> This requires using Spice as display protocol and remote-viewer as
> the client, and is currently only supported with Linux clients,
> we're working on also adding support for USB-redirection to the
> windows builds of spice-gtk & remote-viewer.
>
> You may want to first play a bit with this using Fedora-16 host +
> client to see how all the bits fit together, a quick start for
> Fedora-16 is here:
> http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/11084.html

It seems to work with F16 host (spicy -h localhost -p 5902 shows relevant menus),
thanks! But I could not test with a real USB device, because there are no USB devices
plugged in a remote server. Is it possible to connect to a remote host, not localhost,
with spicy? 5902 port is only opened on 127.0.0.1 by qemu-kvm.

Regards,
Nerijus